Thank you for taking on your new role in Scouting. You are joining the most successful youth movement the world has ever seen!
Scouting is one of the outstanding success stories of the 20th century and continues to grow in the 21st century. We currently have a worldwide membership of over 40 million!
Scouting is about everyday people working as leaders and supporters in their communities, giving young people confidence, a sense of purpose, life values and outdoor skills that are hard to find anywhere else.
Whichever role you are taking on, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends and give something back to your community. You will be helping young people gain skills for life and have amazing adventures as part of the largest youth organisation in the UK.
Before you begin
- Do think about why you want to volunteer.
- Don’t start volunteering until you know what will be expected of you
- Do ask about local Scouting and decide where you will fit in.
- Don’t over commit yourself initially.
- Do be determined to enjoy yourself.