A year ago, Penistone Scouts proudly opened our third Scout troop, Enigma.
What a year it’s been; full of adventure, laughs, challenges and fun.
We celebrated the occasion by raft building and canoeing at Hesley Wood.
A BBQ and cakes rounded off the evening with many a wet but happy scout contemplating the amazing events they’re going to enjoy in future years!
Before we get the pictures from our first birthday event, let’s take a look back at some of what we’ve achieved in our first year as Penistone’s third scout troop.
- Held a mass investiture at Langsett Reservoir
- Taken part in the South Yorkshire scout challenge and placed in the top half of table against experienced scouts
- Enjoyed our first troop sleepover as part of a trip to York dungeons
- Experienced winter camping in February as part of our #youshape camp
- Been caving
- Tried our paddles at slalom canoeing
- Zorbed on some water
- Been bowling
- Swum at Calypso cove
- Challenged ourselves at Black Ops camp
- Solved mysteries at Think forensic
- Learned how to rifle shoot
- and much, much more
It’s been truly fantastic and there’s more to see and do.
Back to the 1st birthday party celebrations. Here are some of our pics from the evening. Click them to see larger versions.