Half term is over (unless you’ve got an inset day tomorrow…)
The week ahead and some timely reminders
- Boomer Beavers (Wednesday colony) are zorbing at Stocksbridge Leisure Centre this week. £3 per Beaver and parents/guardians are invited to stay and watch (seating available in the swimming pool gallery). Full event details are here
- The balance for our Robin Hood’s Bay trip is due by the end of February. Please pay via your section leaders ASAP; if you are unsure of outstanding balances, please contact Amy
- Tuesday (Castor) and Friday (Millstones) Beavers are meeting as normal at their regular locations
- Alegre and Bella Vista pack meetings will be led by the Young Leaders. The theme will be pancakes!
- Raptors are heading to Pets at Home @ Fox Valley, Stocksbridge this week. 18:30 start and a 20:00 finish.
Scouts & Explorers
- Enigma and Wibbles Scout troops (Monday and Wednesday) and Scorpion Explorer’s regular meetings have been replaced with the Scout and Explorer bowling tournament at Barnsley Bowl on Tuesday 20th February. If you haven’t booked for this event, you have until 5 pm on Monday 19th February to secure a place via Bruce!
- Viernes troop (Friday) are also at the bowling tournament on Tuesday; however still have a regular troop meeting on Friday at the Scout Hut
- Enigma has their #YouShape camp at the weekend. If your scout is booked on this sleepover, they will need to be at the Scout Hut on Monday between 7-8pm to plan the weekend’s menu
- The caving trip Viernes were supposed to have on the 11th February has been rescheduled to the 25th of March. Rebooking required; priority places for those who missed their 11th February outing.
Riding along with the old rag doll
Ah, a throwback reference to Rosie and Jim! Good news water lovers – Alison has secured her narrowboat permit! She can now take group members upon West Yorkshire’s craft. Cuddly toys optional.
Image credit: Jo Turner (Creative Commons)
Wine bluff called
Our 2019 World Jamboree unit had a successful fundraising event last night. Many thanks to everyone who came along and supported our young people. The wine aroma was still present when this media monkey popped down the Scout Hut this morning!
Alegre Cubs went caving
Cubs from our Alegre pack were the most recent participants to head underground with the Derbyshire North West Scout Caving Team. Be sure to check out the photos from the event here
Stay safe on railways
The Scout Association ran the following video targeted at young people raising awareness around railway safety. Why not watch with your young one?