Everyone volunteer makes an impact on the young people, and often on other volunteers too. Amidst the call for new adult volunteers to join us in Scouting, it’s vital to me that we recognise and take time to thank those who already volunteer or have volunteered previously. To call out the great contributions made.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been taking nominations for those who should be called out and recognised for what they’ve done for Scouting at Penistone. I’m delighted to have been able to hand-deliver (albeit in a doorstep manner and at arm’s length) some Thank You awards.
Each awardee received a pin badge, in a presentation box, with a thank you card from Bear. In addition, a short but explanatory note thanking them for their wonderful and individual contribution.
This is not an exhaustive list, and it’s not in any particular order, but these are some of the nomination reasons given:
- Driving a positive culture change in the District focused on young people and what’s right / best for them
- Making our premises COVID safe and ensuring we are fully compliant with modern regulations
- Taking ownership, being there for others and being completely dependable
- Enabling face-to-face Scouting as soon as was possible, wading through Risk Assessments, protocol and paperwork to make it a reality
- For sleepless nights, long days and always being brilliant day after day, night after night during camps and events
- Providing whatever support necessary, be it space, food, helping hands or experience from industry
- Taking control of and supporting a strategic path for our charity finances
- Stepping up and volunteering, throwing themselves right into the mix and enabling Scouting to thrive in Penistone
They aren’t the only people who deserve a thank you. We’ve been writing and posting some thank you cards to volunteers for their valuable contributions too. Some of these only went in the post recently, so hopefully, more will be landing on doormats soon.
We are, of course, grateful for every minute of every volunteer’s time. This is something that I want to continue to do. If you’d like to nominate someone, please take a look here and submit details.
Here are those we awarded with the Thank You award recently:
We can’t wait to receive the next set of nominations.
Group Scout Leader