To keep you informed of events, programme and what’s going on for the young people of Penistone Scouts, we use a mix of Online Scout Manager and our group website.
Over the last 12-18 months, we’ve ramped up our usage of Online Scout Manager. The virtual programme required this, but so did other factors such as our need to simplify payments for everyone, Badges @ Home has, and continues to, enable young people to be recognised for their achievements outside of the weekly programme and events.
Our website is a window for the world to see Penistone Scouts. It’s also where we direct you for our events diary, helpful information and guidance parents and carers need to support their young person in Scouting.
If you can’t find it in your email, in the Parent Portal of OSM, then head to the websiteRob Robinson, Group Scout Leader
To keep the site relevant, fresh and easy to navigate, we’ve overhauled both the look and content. It’s obvious and clear we’re a Scouting group from the aesthetics, and hopefully, our revised navigation menu will give you easy access to information and our digital Scouting tools.
The updates aren’t targeted just at parents and carers; we’ve made significant updates to support our volunteers too. We want leaders to be able to maximise their volunteer time on what they signed up for, supporting young people, so simple and easy access to the administrative side of Scouting is essential.
So much has changed, so we’d encourage you to come and take a look.
Want some examples
- Brand new Scouting theme
- Intuitive navigation menus e.g. Info for Parents, Info for Volunteers, Shop etc
- Welcome to Scouting and quick start content that’s useful for new joiners and anyone who fancies a reminder
- Overview of Online Scout Manager to aid in understanding what we use it for
- Awards, sections, and what Scouting is available to find out
- How to contact us
- What you can expect from us as volunteers and what we expect from you so your young person thrives in Scouting
- Volunteering opportunities board – because knowing how you can help makes it easier to offer
Alongside this we’ve added links for our volunteers to use, better access to resources and refined our application for membership process!
Don’t just take our word for it – come take a look!