We recently invited our immediate neighbours to the view our proposals to develop the land around the scout hut, it gave us an opportunity to listen to the views of local residents and what they thought about living next to us. I am really pleased to report that we had a great response to the invite and all were overwhelmingly in favour of our development plans. Many local residents also offered us support with building material and other items, which we are really grateful for.
It was also really pleasing to hear that the vast majority of locals enjoyed living near us and especially liked to hear our young people enjoying themselves Scouting. They didn’t however like listening to leaders raising their voices, therefore I for one will be trying to keep my voice under control in the future.
We are really keen to ensure our good relationship with our neighbours continues and we are also working with them to implement a few guidelines regarding overnight use of the scout hut and additionally parking, when dropping off and picking up young people from meetings. Therefore, after carefully considering their views we would like to ask you to consider the following:
- When parking in the scout hut car park please take extra care, and try to park so you can avoid reversing especially at busy times, some children are very small and are not easily seen.
- If using Wentworth Crescent to turn around please drive to the turning circle at the very end of the road and do not use private driveways.
- Please try to park on one side of Wentworth Road and Crescent only, and do not block any driveways.
- Please do not leave engines running whilst waiting for your children, the amount of carbon monoxide created by 20 to 30 waiting cars can reach very dangerous levels.
- Please where possible collect your child from the scout hut door, it is far safer to not have them wandering about the car park and on pavements looking for your car at busy times.
- Please switch off your headlights whilst you are waiting.
- Lastly please be considerate of our neighbours they are a friendly bunch and we want to ensure they remain happy.
I thank you in advance for your help in this matter, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours in Scouting
Parking Letter – February 2018
Photo image credit: Ken Douglas (Flickr)