We have already seen lots of exciting activities during the first half of the Summer term and I’m sure the second half will offer just as many positive experiences for our young people.
Hopefully, you’ve already seen information start to come out about some of the many events we’ve already added to the group calendar?
Back in the here and now, let’s take a look at the coming week:
The week ahead (4th June 2018 onwards)
- All colonies are meeting on Wednesday at the Scout hut (6.30-7.45) for a joint night, supported by members of the Woodhead Mountain Rescue Team. Beavers are to come suitably dressed to spend time outdoors, learning about the role of the Mountain Rescue Team in our community and exploring some of their equipment. Thanks to Tom Vickers for facilitating this evening for us. There will be no meetings on Tuesday or Friday this week.
- Bella Vista is meeting at their normal time at the Scout hut.
- Enigma troop will be meeting at Wortley Rugby Club on Monday. Scouts need to come suitably dressed for the evening and bring a drink. The meeting will finish at the slightly earlier time of 9pm this week.
- Viernes troop are meeting at the scout hut; half of the group will be revisiting the Fire station for the cancelled visit earlier on in the term and the other half will be starting their hobbies badge. Please look out for an email from Rob or Nathan for more information. Viernes also will be appointing patrol leaders and assistant patrol leaders this week due to a number of our older scouts moving on to Explorers.
- Wibbles will be meeting at the scout hut as normal unless told otherwise.
- Scorpions will be meeting at the scout hut as normal unless told otherwise.
Penistone Gala – 8th – 10th June
This year’s gala is nearly upon us, as usual, there’s lots happening and we need your help to make things a success!
How you can help:
1. Bake cakes or buns & bring these to the show field from 10:30am on Saturday for us to sell, the more we have the more funds we can raise!
2. Help the Group by volunteering your time to help with a variety of tasks; set-up, take down of equipment, marshalling, gates, assisting in the refreshments tent (please contact Laura if you can help)
3. Visit us in the tent to buy your refreshments over the weekend ?
More information for the gala can be found on the dedicated event page.
Reminders / Coming events:
Back to basics camp – 42 beavers are booked to attend the Back to Basics camp in June. Payments for this are now due. Please contact your child’s section leader, Amy or Jim if you have any queries. Information for the camp can be found on the dedicated events page.
Enigma’s Laser Tag night – please can scouts ensure all consent slips are returned to Shauna by the first week back. More information and the consent form can be found here.
Viernes late spring camp – online bookings closed on the 1st June. If your scout would like to secure a place, contact Rob before 7pm Monday 4th June, please.
Scouts & Explorers
All – Scouttastic
Any outstanding money for Scouttastic now needs to be paid to your child’s section leader ASAP. Details for this can be found on the event page.