Reminders & key information:
This edition’s reminders:
Castors & Boomers – The Young Leaders will be responsible for this week’s programme. Normal meeting times / places.
Millstones – gathering at their normal time and meeting place on Friday.
Alegre & Bella Vista – are finding out about Electrical Safety including a visit from a special guest called Leena from Northern Power Grid. Normal meeting times / places.
Raptors – will be in the school for team games and getting accustomed to the new sixer groups. Please send your cub with a water bottle and coat because we may head out on to the field.
Enigma – are working on team building and cooperation whilst trying to make themselves Millionaires. If you can send your scout with some old newspapers please, it will really help Shauna and Mike out.
Wibbles – Our wednesday troop will begin their “Great Scout Bake-off“. Look out for more details coming soon.
Viernes – Friday scouts will be creating paracord flint and steel bracelets, getting to grips with knife safety and lighting fires without matches. Your scout may bring their own knife with them; however, it must be checked in on arrival.
Young leader places are almost finalised. At present, we have no one allocated to Viernes (Friday Scouts). If you can either switch or would like to be a young leader for the troop, please get in touch with Alison.
Further reminder to work on D of E evidence for skills and physical sections. If you need help, please ask!
- The Jamboree team have arranged a Ceilidh for Saturday 13th October at Thurgoland village hall . This event is open to everyone, all proceeds going to the Jamboree funds and will be a great family occasion. Please see the dedicated event post for full details.
We need you!
- Our Group AGM is in a couple of weeks. Ahead of this, we’re delighted to have been able to secure a treasurer and a secratary. We are still looking to increase the executive committee members though. If you could offer a couple of hours every other month (in a non-child facing role) and feel you could help us, please take a look / apply via the following post.
First Aid training – We have some spaces remaining on the adult first aid training course (4th Nov). For details of how to book a place, please see the dedicated event here.
With the reminders out-of-the-way, let’s recap the week.
Food in a can
Stone stones stones
Raptors had an amazing time at Cawthorne Museum.
Bella Vista welcomed three more Cubs to the pack, a new young leader and thanks to Lisa and Sarah for running a session making “slime”.
Sorry we didn’t get a picture
- Wibbles troop came up with a new code of conduct as Patrol leaders got to grips with their new roles. Lots of ideas in the troop forum too for activities to do over winter.
- Our Jamborree unit raised £500 at the Hillsborough bag pack
- Half of Viernes worked towards their Level 3 Emergency Aid badges whilst the rest of the troop spent time planning their Personal Challenge Awards, developing their team work and focusing on their Skills Challenge Award.
- Enigma and Alegre both had their first meetings following the school holidays. They spent time on teamwork, playing games and getting back into the swing of scouting.